CIMMYT Recruits Data Coordinator Job in Kenya
Through strong science and effective partnerships, we create, share, and use knowledge and agricultural technologies to increase food security, improve the productivity and profitability of farming systems, and sustain natural resources in developing countries.
- • Establishing data standards, documentation, data curation processes, time lines for data entry into institutional data bases/repositories, in agreement with the CIMMYT knowledge management strategy
- • Coordinating the receipt, storage, manipulation and quality control of field and molecular data for CIMMYT staff enabling accurate data tracking and documentation throughout the analysis pipeline.
- • Participating in the design, development and population of versatile institutional databases/repositories, interfaces and output tools.
- • Introduce new informatics tools to scientist and research assistants and project collaborators provide on-the-job training, and report back user requirements to CIMMYT software engineers.
- • Managing and documenting the dissemination of data (raw and analyzed) to co-operators within CIMMYT and with partner organizations.
- • Liaising between researchers who want to make use of own and cross institutional databases, knowledge management specialists, biometricians and software engineers at CIMMYT.
- • Interpreting data summaries to determine accuracy and validity of data.
- • Testing user-friendly software tools for molecular and trial data capture, storage and analysis.
- • Managing and providing feedback to software engineers to help to improve functionality.
- • M.Sc. in biological science, molecular biology, plant breeding, genetics, agricultural statistics or related fields.
- • Minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in developing and/or using bioinformatics tools for the management of large volume data sets.
- • Strong analytical skills with attention to details.
- • Ability to investigate and analyze with minimum supervision research activities within CIMMYT’s research programs to make them more efficient by using IT resources.
- • Ability to work and communicate with knowledge management specialists, biometricians and software engineers at CIMMYT.
- Good interpersonal skills and a strong desire to support the delivery of improved, products, tools and services to team members and collaborators.
- Excellent English skills.
- Ability to work well as part of multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
We invite you to learn more about ICRAF and CIMMYT by accessing our web sites www.cimmyt.org and www.worldagroforestry.org
29 total views, 1 today