Chief Operations Officer (COO) Job in Kenya – 2011
Chief Operations Officer (COO) Job in Kenya – Microfinance Company
The incumbent will be responsible for managing lending and savings operations, providing support and direction to staff in the Operations Department, developing and monitoring adherence to policies and procedures and will report to the CEO on quality and quantity of operations.
The Chief Operations Officer will be expected to:
- Oversee portfolio management and set up and maintain control guidelines and principles based on best practices.
- Supervise and administrate the field operations team comprising of Branch Managers and Loan Officers to ensure they perform their duties optimally.
- Monitor and evaluate the branch performance in terms of number of clients, number of loans, interest paid, repayments and outstanding balance to generate a healthy portfolio.
- Produce timely, detailed management reports as needed for monitoring and management of all business systems and functions.
- Ensure organizational quality through review, update, implementation and adherence to agreed policies, procedures and manuals.
- Lead the management committee on product design and policy review. Lead the preparation of budgets and business plans.
- Liaise and maintain relationship with all relevant community and opinion leaders, government officials and local authorities.
- Oversee credit risk framework, implement credit strategies, policies and procedures in line with the company’s corporate strategy.
- Ensure compliance with regulatory and statutory provisions regarding risk management, prompt reporting of risk positions and provision of advice on possible resolutions of critical issues.
- This position will suit qualified degree holders preferably in a business related discipline from a recognized university.
- A Master’s in Business Administration will be an added advantage with a minimum of 7 years of microfinance and/or retail banking experience of which 3 years will be in a senior manager capacity; computer skills preferably spread sheets, keen to details, implementation, follow-up and results oriented.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
e-mail: [email protected]
Closing date: Friday 22nd April 2011
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
57 total views, 1 today