CDTF Consultants Kenya Vacancy-2011
CDTF Consultants Kenya Vacancy-2011
Community Development Trust Fund – Short-Term Full Time Consultants for the Community Environment Facility (CEFII)
Community Development Trust Fund (CDTF) is a joint initiative of the Government of Kenya and the European Union (EU). Since 2007, CDTF has also received funding from the Embassy of Denmark (Danida) in Nairobi. CDTF is implementing a four year programme, the Community Development Programme Phase Four (CDP 4), with two components, the Community Development Initiatives (CDI) funded by the EU and the Community Environment Facility II (CEF II) funded jointly by the EU and Danida.
The goal of CEF II is to improve local livelihood systems through conservation of community natural resources. CEF II plans to mainstream issues of climate change and low carbon development in its projects.
Recognizing the impacts of climate change on natural resources, CEF II has therefore encouraged its beneficiaries to integrate climate change issues into their project proposals to CDTF and undertake initiatives that promote sustainable renewable rural energy technologies and climate change adaptation.
In addition to supporting community environmental projects, Danida has provided an additional grant of Kshs. 220 million to support further projects addressing climate change risks (adaptation) and renewable energy (mitigation) with a scope of involving the private sector and income generating activities through the Fast Start Climate Change Programme.
It is against this background that CDTF is inviting applications from suitably qualified and experienced Kenyan citizens to fill the positions of two short-term consultants in areas of climate change and renewable energy.
Objectives of the consultancy
The consultancy aims to achieve the following objectives:
1. Promote appropriate energy saving technologies that enhance sustainable utilization of natural resources.
2. Support community initiatives that will enhance adaptation to and reduction of the climate change effects on local livelihoods.
3. Mainstream climate change and low carbon development issues in all CEF II funded projects.
4. Ensure harmonization and alignment of CEF II funded initiatives to the National Climate Change Response Strategy (NCCRS) and the follow up action plan.
5. Screen, monitor and communicate good practices in the area of climate change and renewable energy.
Under the overall supervision by the CEF manager, the consultants are expected to undertake the following specific tasks:
1. Promote, create awareness and sensitize communities and other stakeholders on aspects of climate change and renewable energy technologies.
2. Appraise project proposals at both desk and field level and make funding recommendations to CDTF on the proposals and prepare relevant project documents.
3. Promote and encourage use of renewable energy as a means of alleviating poverty and supporting local management of natural resources.
4. Assist in designing, developing and managing community based projects addressing climate change and renewable energy
5. Develop education and awareness creation materials for communities and other stakeholders on aspects of climate change and renewable energy technologies and build the capacity.
6. Provide technical support to all climate change and renewable energy projects under CEF II including linking communities with the private sector and relevant regulatory government agencies.
7. Provide strategic advice in areas of climate change and renewable energy technologies in environmental poverty related projects.
8. Undertake and coordinate internal participatory monitoring and evaluation of CEF II funded projects.
9. Prepare programme reports and supervise ad hoc external consultants offering services to the supported projects.
Key qualifications and experience
* Postgraduate degree with specialization in either Natural Resources Management, Environmental Sciences, or any other relevant areas from a recognized university. Only candidates with relevant professional /academic qualification coupled with hands on experience in climate change and renewable energy issues will be considered.
* Good track record in designing and implementing appropriate energy saving technologies and climate change in support of community projects involving donor agencies.
* Minimum of 5 years relevant practical experience working with projects and/or enterprises addressing climate change and/or renewable energy technologies.
* Knowledge of the current best practices in supporting renewable energy and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
* Knowledge of the Project Cycle Management (PCM).
* Practical experience that includes capacity building of local beneficiaries in the area of renewable energy and aspects of climate change.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work in team situations.
* Excellent proven oral and written communication skills.
* Ability to work independently without supervision both in the office and in the field.
* Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
* All applicants must be computer literate and have a clean valid driving license with driving experience of at least three years.
Duration of consultancy
The consultancy will be for a duration of two years. This is not a fulltime regular employment by CDTF.
Remuneration and benefits
The successful consultant(s) will be offered a competitive fee package, transport while performing office assignments and a modest out-of station allowance.
The duty station will be Nairobi but with frequent field missions taking up to 60% of the total time.
Candidates who meet the above qualifications and experiences should send their applications including detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), names, addresses and e-mails of three referees to:-
The Programme Coordinator
Community Development Trust Fund,
Josem Trust House,
P.O. Box 62199 -00200
Closing date for the receipt of application is 13th May 2011 at 5.00pm.
Applicants, who will not have received a response by 30th June 2011, should consider themselves not successful.
- CDTF KENYA
- european union kenya jobs 2011
- cdtf kenya grant
- sustainable energy internship jobs kenya
72 total views, 1 today