ACTED is a non-governmental organization whose vocation is to support vulnerable population world wide and to accompany them in building a better future. ACTED was created in 1993, is governed by the French law and has its head quarters in Paris, France.
ACTED Kenya is looking for an experienced self driven and a self oriented professional to fill the post of a cashier;
Reporting to the FLAT Officer, her/his specific duties will include:
• Ensure of having daily exchange rates of currency
• Registration of vouchers in cashbook and filling of vouchers
• Make payments for all items and services which have been approved by the Area coordinator;
• Safe & Cashbook checking: at the end of each day, the cashbook and the safe should be checked and the balance should be corresponding;
• Money Exchange Dealing: whenever needed, change money for the cashbooks and register it in cashbook;
• At the end of each month, ensure that the balance in the cashbook and in the safe are checked and the cash checking statement is established and signed by the cashier and his area coordinator;
• Vouchers: quality of vouchers should be checked by the Cashier at the end of each months;
• Advance: ensure the clearance of all advances for the staff, before paying the salaries;
• Assist in HR/Administration work in
Follow up and filling all Administrative Documents and letters,
Following up with all base staff to get time sheets, contracts and HR/Administrative documents signed on time.
• Perform any other duty as assigned.
• Diploma in Business Management, finance option from a recognized Institution
• CPA holder will be an added advantage
• Strong team player of high integrity, pleasant personality, honest, ability to work under least supervision and meet strict deadlines.
• Computer literate.
• Two years work experience preferably in an NGO.
• Demonstrated experience in overall responsibility and accountability for the financial management of an organization;
• Good public Relations with strong negotiation skills.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit their applications accompanied by detailed CV,three work related referees, contacts and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop application to RACIDA offices in Rhamu,Mandera on or before 5.00PM on 18 October 2012.
Kindly note that due to the urgency of the position, CVs will be shortlisted on ongoing basis. ACTED reserves the right to hire prior to the application deadline.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.