Career Opportunities For Medical Officers in Mombasa, Kisumu
Role: Medical Officers
Duty Station:Mombasa and Kisumu.
Purpose of the role
Medical Officer’s main role is to perform medical procedures at the Clinic andoutreach team and to maintain the high clinical standards expected by MSK.
- Overall quality inputs into service delivery, including running full out-patient clinic/obstetric unit and providing surgical procedures as laid down in the protocols.
- Taking calls in any of the Marie Stopes Kenya Clinics as might be required.
- Proper use of medical equipments and supplies and for notifying the centre manager of needs for repair, maintenance or replacements etc.
- Ensuring that team members provide effective health care.
- Actively following organizational criteria for assessment of medical/ client care.
- Carry out medical audit as frequently as possible.
- Relating to other departments as required by medical inputs e.g. laboratory, pharmacy etc.
- Proper counseling of clients and being responsive to their needs.
- Recognition potential medical problems and dealing with or refer them as appropriate.
- Responsible for reporting all complications in writing within or before the end of the day.
- On-Job-Training of other service providers and team members.
- Preparing and participating fully in Continuous Medical Education (C.M.E.)
- Responsible for follow-up and treatment of client in regard to any minor or major complications
- Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery
- Must have completed 1 year of internship in a busy hospital
- Must be registered with the Medical Practitioners and dentists board.
Applications quoting the position title with detailed CVs with contact details of 3 referees should be submitted to: People and Development Dept using email@example.com
On or before 3rd January, 2013
NB: Please clearly indicate on the subject the position applying for ‘Medical Officer’
Marie Stopes Kenya is an equal opportunity Employer
71 total views, 1 today