Career Opportunities At TMEA (4 Positions)
Exciting Career Opportunities in Trade and Regional Development in South Sudan
TradeMark East Africa (TMEA) is an organisation funded by a range of development agencies to promote regional trade and economic integration in East Africa.
TMEA works closely with the East African Community (EAC), national governments, business and civil society organisations.
Headquartered in Nairobi with branches in Arusha, Bujumbura, Dar es Salaam, Juba, Kampala and Kigali, TMEA seeks to support East African integration through:
- A reduction in transport and related costs along the key corridors in East Africa;
- Supporting EAC institutions to develop a comprehensive framework for regional integration;
- Supporting partner states to substantially increase the implementation of a comprehensive framework for regional integration; and
- Engaging private sector and civil society to positively influence regional integration policies and practices for growth in trade.
TMEA is seeking to recruit high calibre, results-oriented and self-driven experienced South Sudanese nationals to join our team in the positions listed below.
The Programme Manager will support the Country Director in managing the country programme.
This will include
- developing and maintaining work plans and budgets;
- rolling out programmes and developing appropriate project planning and implementation mechanisms and systems for all projects;
- preparing analytical reports on developments by Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), Private Sector and Civil Society Organisations in response to regional integration;
- supporting key stakeholders in critically examining capacity needs and developing proposals in line with TMEA’s strategic objectives;
- liaising with the Director, Trade Facilitation/Non-transport to analyse national strategies for regional integration, developments at the East African Community (EAC), Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA) and Southern African Development Community (SADC) and their implications and advising accordingly; liaising with the Knowledge and Results Director to monitor and evaluate TMEA activities; and
- supporting media and communications activities to ensure visibility of TMEA at the national level.
The ideal candidate will possess a first degree in Business Administration, Economics, Development Studies, International Trade, Planning, Finance or related field and a minimum of five (5) years’ management experience in regional integration, trade facilitation, development or advocacy.
A relevant Master’s degree and qualifications in project planning and management will be an added advantage.
Programme Officer, Private Sector & Civil Society
The job holder is responsible for all partnerships with the private sector and civil society in South Sudan.
S/he will oversee proposal development, implementation and reporting and will take a lead role in developing and managing the private sector and civil society portfolio in South Sudan.
This will include establishing and managing stakeholder/partner relationships and preparing project plans, budgets and reports.
The successful candidate will possess a first degree in a relevant social science discipline and a minimum of five (5) years’ proven experience in private sector or civil society engagement in South Sudan.
In addition, knowledge of and experience/expertise in public private dialogue and private sector advocacy; governance issues in South Sudan and East Africa; and private sector development and international trade are essential for this role.
Finance and Administration Officer
The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for providing comprehensive finance and administrative support including preparing financial reports; coordinating the procurement of office supplies; coordinating meetings, workshops, staff functions and travel; office book-keeping functions including petty-cash; supervising the Administrative Assistant and Driver; supporting the Country Director and programme staff in programme implementation; and managing the Country Director’s diary and schedules.
The position requires a first degree in social sciences, communication, business administration or related field and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in finance and office management.
In addition, the successful candidate will be proficient in budgeting, variance reporting, bank reconciliations and cash management.
Computer proficiency, particularly in MS Office applications, and the ability to learn new applications quickly are essential.
The Driver will be responsible for providing secure and reliable driving services for staff and official visitors to designated areas in the most effective and comfortable manner.
S/he will also provide administrative support to the South Sudan team including filing, photocopying, scanning and delivery/pick up of mail/documents among others.
The ideal candidate will possess an O-level/secondary school education, a Certificate of Good Conduct, a valid Driver’s Licence for Classes ABCE and at least five (5) years’ driving experience with a safe driving record in a busy development-oriented organisation in a challenging work environment.
In addition, s/he will have experience in providing administrative support in a busy office.
S/he will be a self-motivated individual with good interpersonal and team-working skills and the ability to form good working relationships with staff.
First aid skills and a good level of written and spoken English will be a distinct advantage.
This is a demanding environment and requires candidates with strong organisational and interpersonal skills with the ability to prioritise, multi-task and work under pressure amidst competing demands.
The positions are available on initial 2-year contracts with attractive salary and benefit packages, and are based in Juba, South Sudan with occasional travel around East Africa.
Please send us your cover letter and detailed CV (in English), including your qualifications, experience, present position and current remuneration.
Your application should also include names and addresses of three referees, a working e-mail address and daytime telephone contacts.
The forwarding e-mail and cover letter must clearly indicate the position title on the subject line.
Detailed job profiles for these posts can be accessed on www.trademarkea.com.
Send your application to email@example.com by Friday, 19
October 2012 by 5.00pm East African time. Interviews will be conducted in early/mid November 2012 in Juba, South Sudan.
Applications received after the deadline time and date will not be accepted.
We reserve the right to accept or reject any application.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
TradeMark East Africa is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to open and transparent recruitment processes.
60 total views, 1 today