Business Development Manager Job In Africa (Johannesburg, South Africa or Nairobi, Kenya
Our client is seeking a Business Development Manager. Our client provides the most comprehensive portfolio of solutions and professional services to the leading infrastructure engineering organizations around the world, including the majority of the Engineering News Record’s Top 500 Design Firms.
Since 1984, architects, engineers, builders and owner/operators have relied on these industry solutions to help them create, manage and publish engineering content critical to the profitable construction and management of complex assets.
In this role the Business Development Manager will identify new opportunities for our client’s technologies and services that can be offered through Partners and/or directly within Africa (excluding South Africa).
- Develop long- and short-term sales strategies and plans specific to the African segment that will ensure accomplishment of the sales revenue goals and build an increasing number of reference able accounts.
- Plan and execute an aggressive Channel Partner recruitment and development plan in support of the defined industry go-to-market strategies for Africa.
- Be a trusted business advisor to Channel Partners, with the skills and business acumen to develop strategic business plans and to ensure Channel Partners execute effectively against these plans.
- Prioritize which African partners and customers to focus on and for which reason(s).
- Develop a rational sense of country nuances, including economic and governmental issues, particularly in volatile areas. Track government trends, map political landscape and their implication on purchasing cycles in each region.
- Direct all the sales activities in Africa within all industry segments.
- Develop close effective relationships, coordinates sales plans, and promote sales strategies with users, selected Resellers and other partners in the market.
- Assist in cultivating new and deepen existing partner relationships enabling increased credibility, reputation and revenue growth.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with appropriate corporate marketing, product development and support services heads.
- Participate in company sales events with Corporate and other Sales personnel, promoting approved sales strategies.
- Oversee all user contracts by:
- Ensuring that project and subscription contracts meet the user requirements.
- Securing approval for said modifications.
- Ensuring compliance with all of the terms and conditions of signed/accepted contracts.
- As part of the sales management team, prepare and present sales plans and reports on various aspects of the industry segment as requested.
- Manage a budget measured by revenue target and operating expenses.
- Maintain an appropriate level of product knowledge.
- Keep abreast of the competition, competitive issues and products.
- Minimum of B.S. or B.A. degree or equivalent experience is required. A MBA is preferred.
- Minimum of 5-7 years experience selling into strategic sales in major (Industry) accounts.
- Minimum of 5-7 years supervisory and/or managerial experience.
- Able to demonstrate strong commercial and business acumen.
- PC literacy with appropriate MS Office applications proficiency and proficiency with company products to be sold.
- Willing to travel extensively.
- Fluent in English is essential and proficiency in other applicable languages would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent articulate communication (verbal/written) and people skills.
- Attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Strategic thinker and able to execute on tactics.
- Johannesburg, South Africa, or
- Nairobi, Kenya.
35 total views, 1 today