Bridge International Academies Warehouse Manager Job Vacancy
Bridge International Academies was conceived in 2007 out of the belief that giving every child access to a high quality education would have the greatest impact on reducing poverty worldwide. With that guiding insight, Bridge International developed a strategy that would enable it to launch a large-scale network of high-quality, ultra low-cost, for-profit primary schools.
Operating a network of schools supported by a strong central headquarters gives Bridge International the scale, experience, and capacity to invest in systems of management, support, training, and innovation that allows individual schools to dramatically increase their effectiveness. Using this model, Bridge International is able to profitably deliver high-quality education for $4 per child per month.
This ensures that its academies will continue to successfully serve its communities as long as parents value the educational service provided. The first Bridge International Academy launched successfully in Kenya in 2009 and 60 academies will be operating in Kenya in January 2012. Through rapid and strategic expansion, Bridge International will provide a quality education to over a million students in the coming years.
About this position
Bridge International Academies is looking for a Warehouse Manager who will be responsible for managing the day to day Warehouse activities and coordinating with heads of departments to ensure timely issuance of required category items for Schools Operations and Construction activities.
The holder of this position will deliver high quality professional Warehouse administration services and support the Procurement Manager in the development and implementation of tools, processes, policies and practices covering all aspects of the Inventory management.
Ability to deal with hands on issues, creation of practical solutions as well as participate in strategic thinking will be key to success in this position. This is a key position within the company’s Finance and Administration function reporting to the Procurement Manager but with key linkages with all other departments.
Responsibilities of the Warehouse Manager
- The Warehouse Manager will be required to closely monitor and oversee the Receiving,
- Effective leadership and management of warehouse operations
- Receiving, Put away ,Inventory management and Dispatch.
- Kitting of School operations FM 00 ( school in the box) and ensuring correct labeling, date of picking and destination of each stock assembled
- Coordinating with the Logistics manager on deliveries to the schools
- Regular stock takes
- Use of world class Warehouse practice and tools to manager the warehouses in Nairobi, Satellite offices and leased warehouses.
- To ensure that internal customer and supplier relationships are maintained well for the Warehouse to deliver breakthrough performance in cost, service and quality.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate reports and provide administrative support
- Creating and fostering relationships with diverse logistics and purchasing professional associations to ensure gainful experience and knowledge sharing
- Establish warehouse policies.
- The warehouse manager shall perform quality CHECKS on all the goods received with the help of the User department. User Departments shall be involved during the delivery of the goods. Receipt and inspection of all arriving inventory by ensuring that they meet the specifications hence preparation of Goods Received Notes.
- Management of the outsourced warehouse services
- Come up with and maintain accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Determining quantity and timing of deliveries and keeping up to date schedules to track lead times throughout the Warehouse process
- Working with department managers and other staff to come up with annual/quarterly Warehouse plans.
- Oversee and supervise daily warehouse operations including coordination of work between internal and external personnel (such as proper inventory control, proper releasing of cargoes to other agents and timely submission of documents to billing department)
- Mentoring staff stationed in warehouse in warehouse management best practice.
- Prepare stacking/storage plans for all store inventory.
- Advice on storage of material and ensure proper rotation.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodity (ies) stored.
- Carry out regular physical random warehouse checks of commodities and inventory.
- Prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal;
- Produce regular stocks reports and daily stocks positions;
- Prepare Stores Issue Notes when dispatching any goods from the warehouse.
- Assist the ERP Project team in coming up with Bridge inventory catalog;
- Support School Operations, Training and Construction departments and other functions in their inventory/warehouse needs.
- Advise management on required areas of improvement to enhance Warehouse processes
- Strong belief in the Bridge International Mission of creating high quality education services for the low income communities
- Minimum of 6 to 10 years experience in management of Warehouse/ Inventory /Logistics and or Supply Chain services preferably for a large fast growing service or trading organization with multiple locations and diverse requirements
- An expert level of knowledge in Warehouse/Inventory or Logistics including, but not limited to receipt put away, inventory management, kitting, dispatch and relationship management and due diligence on Logistics contractors
- Ability to handle administrative issues with multi-disciplinary and multicultural teams
- Experience with warehouse or Logistics management of construction materials in a large scale environment where both formal and informal vendors operate will be a definite advantage.
- Professional qualifications in warehouse/Logistics/Supply Chain will be a key requirement
- Bachelors Degree in business, economics or other Social Science or related discipline or the equivalent
- Must be able to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills are required
- Ability to present warehouse services feedback, policies and procedures to senior managers at central level.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
47 total views, 1 today