Base Titanium Ltd: Maintenance Supervisor Job
Base Titanium Limited, the Kenyan subsidiary of the Australian company, Base Resources Limited, is developing the globally significant Kwale Mineral Sands Project about 50km south of Mombasa.
The project is now funded and construction commenced in the 3rd quarter of 2011.
Production is scheduled to start during the second half of 2013.
Base is a creative resource company that places a strong emphasis on being part of the community in which it operates and on attracting and developing good people.
Kwale is the first large mining development in Kenya since 1911 and represents an exciting opportunity for high performing candidates seeking to be part of the successful development of the project.
Individuals with strong HD Mechanical experience on surface mining/heavy earthmoving equipment are encouraged to apply.
Maintenance Supervisor - Mobile Equipment:
Reporting to the Mobile Maintenance Superintendent your duties will include:
- Coordination of all daily and weekly mobile maintenance activities in a safe and efficient manner.
- Implementation of best practice maintenance procedures.
- Drive maintenance strategies and plans across all fleet.
- Ensure full statutory and safety compliance of all maintenance activities
- Supervision and mentoring a team of trades based maintenance personnel.
- Control of workshop costs and budgeting
- Showing good leadership by supporting the team with your wealth of heavy duty mechanical knowledge.
- Support the Maintenance Superintendent in the daily duties.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in Kenya or East Africa working with heavy duty mobile mining/earthmoving equipment.
You must also possess:
- A hard working “can-do” attitude.
- Trade qualification (mechanical).
- Excellent communication and leadership skills.
- Strong proficiency with Computerised Maintenance systems (Pronto Desirable) and Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience in maintenance of primary Caterpillar mobile fleet including Dozers, Graders, excavators and articulated trucks.
- Direct experience in employee skills development
- Solid interpersonal skills with ability to lead teams and influence others.
- Auto Electrical experience &/or qualification highly regarded.
Eligible applicants must submit a Curriculum Vitae with a cover letter, copy of Identity Card, copies of qualifications and three traceable references for the attention of the Human Resources Manager, clearly marked “Application for Maintenance Supervisor – Mobile Equipment including the reference number to: ‘ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received on or before 27th December 2012. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
57 total views, 1 today