Assistant Quantity Surveyor Job Vacancy in Nairobi
Assistant Quantity Surveyor
The primary duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Quantity Surveyor shall be to assist in the following project pre-contract and post-contract tasks
Valuation, Variations, Tender and pricing, Site management, preparation of final accounts which will involve,
- The Preparation of budget/preliminary cost estimate from preliminary drawings with view of establishing cost limit.
- Cost check during detailed design to ensure budget conforms to design.
- Advising on design economies and financial implications of project proposals
- Taking measurements on site and from detailed drawings and preparing bills of quantities.
- Preparation and pricing of Bills of Quantities, specifications, schedules of materials, lab our and services
- Preparation of final / pre-tender estimates
- Preparation of tender analysis and evaluation reports for the project.
- Drawing up construction contract documents
- Cost control during implementation by variations and advising on financial implications.
- Preparation of periodic/interim valuations of work done for issuance of certificate of payment
- Advising on the cost implications of design alternatives if considered
- Re-measure all provisional works as they are executed and valuation of variations
- Preparation of project financial appraisals
- Advising on dispute resolution and arbitration / litigation.
- Represent the company in meetings with the client and consultant , and to act as a client relationship officer.
- A Degree in Building Economics or Quantity Surveying from a recognized institution. National Diploma in Building Economics will be an added advantage.
- Registration with the Board of Registration of Architects and Quantity Surveyors of Kenya or members of a recognized professional body will be an added advantage
- Must have at least 3 years quantity surveying experience gained in a busy a construction company or consultancy environment
- Must be computer literate and have proficiency in quantity surveying software such as MS Project, WINQS, Primavera or Master bill.
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Must be capable of working on projects with very tight deadlines
- Must be flexible to varying working hours
- A mature individual with high level of discretion and unquestionable integrity
Corporate Staffing Services
3rd Floor, Nabui House, Unga Lane Westlands ( Next To Unga House) Nairobi.
N.B. We do not charge any fee for interviews and neither for having your CV in our database
28 total views, 1 today