Job Description: Assistant Finance Manager
Reports to: Finance Manager
Sanergy is a social venture that is building a sustainable sanitation network throughout Nairobi’s slums by creating a network of local entrepreneurs who run small-scale sanitation centers.
We provide affordable, accessible and hygienic sanitation services to individuals.
Under the Fresh Life brand, we have launched our first toilets in Nairobi and will be expanding rapidly during the upcoming months.
Role & Responsibilities:
The Assistant Finance Manager will be responsible for coordinating the activities of the Finance Department and will provide assistance to all areas within the department including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Budgeting, Internal Controls and General Accounting.
Responsibilities include executing day-to-day transactions, planning and scheduling, maintaining files and data analysis.
Key duties/responsibilities of the Finance Assistant shall be to:
· Work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure smooth operation of all finance and accounting matters
· Help develop and maintain the file system and procedure manuals
· Coordinate activities and maintain monthly and yearly timetable for the Finance Office
· Process all invoices for payment ensuring appropriate authorization, timeliness and accuracy
· Reconcile invoice sub-ledger control accounts and general ledger on a monthly basis including monthly bank reconciliations
· Follow-up with customers and initiating departments of all outstanding invoices and receivables
· Assist Finance Manager in analysis of Sanergy accounts
· Maintain departmental budget workbooks and assist in preparing variance analysis
· Maintain fixed asset listing and continuity schedules
· Process all manual cheques ensuring appropriate authorization, documentation and accuracy and provide follow-up on Accounts Payable where necessary
· Help develop and implement new procedures in accounting/business systems
· Assist in completion of Special Projects as necessary
· Contribute to department goals by accomplishing related duties as required
· 1 to 3 years of experience working within a finance department
· Good understanding of accounting processes and procedures
· Possess or be working toward completion of CPA or ACCA qualification
· Proficiency in computer software including a working knowledge of Office, Google applications. Familiarity with professional accounting software a plus
· Exceptional organizational skills
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and prioritize deliverables
· Proactive, team player with demonstrated resourcefulness and problem solving capabilities
64 total views, 1 today