Assistant Cementing Operator Job With Halliburton in Olkaria
Our Client, Halliburton, is the World’s 2nd largest provider of products and services to the energy industry. With over 58,000 employees in approximately 70 countries, the company serves the upstream oil and gas industry throughout the life cycle of the reservoir; From locating hydrocarbons and managing geological data, to drilling and formation evaluation, well construction and completion, and optimizing production through the life of the field.
Halliburton’s Key business units include: Software Assets & Solutions, Cementing, Baroid Drilling Fluids, Sperry Drilling Services, Drill Bit Services, Completion Tools, Production Enhancement, Wireline & Perforation/Testing & Subsea
Job Title: Assistant Cementing Operator
Reporting To: Field Service Quality Coordinator
Job Location: Olkaria, Kenya
Eligible Nationalities: Kenyans
Role Overview: This is an entry level position into the service operator job family:
- Under strict supervision, assists during rigging-up and rigging-down of cementing service equipment on work locations to include spotting of cement storage vessels, pre-mixing of spacer fluids, rigging-up appropriate data monitoring equipment.
- Learns the operation of some or all of the following: cement pumping and mixed equipment, blenders, liquid additive metering systems, centrifugal pumps, data acquisition systems, Automatic Density Control (ADC) systems, bulk cement blending, delivery and storage systems, manifold equipment, and cementing plug releasing tools.
- Assists in the performance of pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections and associated paperwork/reports.
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures and regulations.
- Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement processes.
1. Assists in basic oil well operations including but not limited to:
- Pipe capacities and volume / height math
- Plug landing pressures.
- Absolute volumes, including total water requirements for job.
- Hydrostatic and differential pressure.
- Resulting forces.
- Balanced plugs.
- Bulk cement blending, calculations to include liquid additives and weighted spacers.
- Pressure to reverse
- Determine burst and collapse.
Required Skills and Competencies
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Completion of a degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar discipline from a reputable Institution of learning.
- At least one (1) year working experience in a relevant field.
- Possession of a Commercial Driving License is mandatory.
- Experience in operating valves on bulk system.
- Experience in the Oil & Gas industry in Africa will be an added advantage.
- Understanding of Health Safety and Environment (HSE) reporting procedures.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of company & customer safety policies.
- Effective written and oral communication skills – fluent in English
- Route planning, map reading and ability to follow clear route directions and consider transportation hazards.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Ability to carry out mathematical calculations promptly.
- Excellent computer skills.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should forward their applications enclosing copies of their detailed CVs to the following address:
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline Date: 25 October 2012
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
58 total views, 1 today