An International NGO Job Vacancies In Kenya
An international NGO, implementing comprehensive HIV prevention, care and treatment programs to support the Kenya Ministries of Medical Services and Public Health scale up HIV services with the primary goal of scaling up HIV prevention, care, and treatment activities, institute continuous quality improvement as well as Health Systems Strengthening is seeking suitably qualified Kenyans able to fill the following positions:
The position holder will be expected to provide clinical HIV patient care in one of the PACT supported sites in Nairobi County.
Reports to: Facility in Charge and Maryland Global Initiatives Team Lead
- Provide quality HIV care and treatment services according to national guidelines, ensuring implementation of recommended clinical protocols, national guidelines, lead the evaluation and continued improvement of medical practice (CQI Committee), participate in peer review processes when requested, support infection control measures at the health facility and utilize site data to inform delivery of services at the facility.
- Participate in organizing training and mentorship programs including continuing professional development sessions and preparation of clinical site reports.
- Establish and maintain clinic systems that support patient care including supporting the establishment of patient flow with attention to infection control; patient referral systems within the facility and with other institutions.
- Diploma in Clinical Medicine from a recognized institution.
- Registered with Kenya Clinical Officer’s Council
- Attended NASCOP training in comprehensive management of HIV infected patients
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in management of HIV infected patients
The position holder will be expected to provide TB patient care at one of the health facilities supported by the PACT Project within Nairobi County.
Reports to: Facility In Charge, District TB and Leprosy Coordinator and Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation Team Lead
- Carry out initial age specific patient assessment and review of pertinent patient records taking into account patient confidentiality
- Undertake HIV counseling and testing for all TB patients.
- Ensure all medical documentation including Ministry of Health reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Support implementation of TB intensive case finding, TB/HIV integration and MDR TB surveillance together with the CCC in charge, facility in charge and district TB coordinator according to national guidelines
- Manage missed appointments, ensure contact tracing, initiate, monitor and evaluate patient’s adherence plan and conduct health education together with community health care workers
- Kenya Registered Community Health Nurse
- Registered with Nursing Council of Kenya
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in management of TB patients
- Experience working at Chest clinic will be an added advantage
- Skills in HIV counseling and testing
All applicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer.
All applications should be submitted on or before 10th December, 2012 to:
The HR Manager,
P.O. Box 495-00606,
Documents to be included: a cover letter with the applicants current contact information, CV showing the names of three professional referees and testimonials.
64 total views, 1 today