AMREF Recruits Project Manager in Kenya
The Project focuses on the provision of integrated HIV/AIDS services which include adult and pediatric care and treatment, PMTCT, PITC; TB testing and treatment; prevention with positives; community mobilization and capacity building with close collaboration with local and external partners.
Position: Project Manager ART
Reference Number: KCO/ART/001/2012
Duty Station: Nairobi
Closing Date: 16 November 2012
Purpose of the Job:
To provide managerial and technical leadership in the implementation of the Project to ensure it meets its overall objectives.
- Provide overall leadership and project management through co-ordination and supervision of the implementation of project activities.
- Lead in the preparation of work plans, budgets, M&E plans and performance frameworks for the project.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and ad hoc reports relating to the project as per donor requirements as well as for internal purposes.
- Facilitate capacity building activities for the project implementation team, community structures, DHMT and other stakeholders.
- Lead in operations research, documentation and share results for advocacy in order to influence relevant policies and practices. Document and disseminate best practices and lessons learnt.
- Play a leading role in the management of project resources including staff, finances and assets.
- Develop and promote partnerships and networking with relevant stakeholders including but not limited to local authorities, relevant Government of Kenya Ministries and NGOs.
- Ensure project integration and growth by participating in country office and program meetings.
- Participate in the development of concepts and proposals for fundraising.
- The ideal candidate should have a minimum of a Masters Degree in Public Health or relevant Social Sciences discipline with over five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- A first degree in Medicine will be an added advantage.
- Must be ICT proficient.
- Must have hands on experience in project management related to HIV/AIDS with an emphasis on ART management.
- Should have vast experience in project management, operations research & documentation, monitoring & evaluation, people management, proposal development and financial management.
- In addition the ideal candidate must be an excellent communicator, team player and have visionary leadership.
The closing date for submitting applications is Friday, 16th November 2012.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
57 total views, 1 today