AMREF M&E Assistant Job Vacancies in Kenya 2011
AMREF is the largest international health development non-governmental organization based in Africa.
Working with and through African communities, health systems and governments, AMREF aims to close the gap that prevents people from accessing their basic right to health.
Headquartered in Kenya, AMREF has programmes in Ethiopia, Uganda, Southern Sudan, Kenya, Tanzania and South Africa.
Employing over 800 staff and with an annual operating budget of approximately $70 million, AMREF is a knowledge resource for donors and partners.
For more information visit our website www.amref.org.
We are seeking to fill the position of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Assistant.
Directorate: Programme Management Unit
Unit: Monitoring & Evaluation
Physical Location: AMREF Headquarters
To provide support to the M&E unit by ensuring effective coordination, planning, reporting and communication at the corporate, Regional, country and/or programme and project levels.
Reports to: Corporate M&E Leader
* Assisting in preparation of M&E tools, reports and other documentation
* Reviewing M&E documents and providing summaries for discussion
* Assisting in data entry, collection, management and analysis on project and programme results
* Tabulating data and engaging in additional analysis
* Report writing on routine M&E activities
* Providing support in executing M&E functions
* Providing support during workshops, trainings and seminars
* Participating in trainings, seminars and workshops as necessary
* Bachelors degree in Public Health, Evaluation, International Development, Social Sciences, Statistics or other related field;
* Basic M&E concepts and tools
* Database management
* Statistical software
* At least 3 years experience working
* Practice with log-frame development
* Project and programme monitoring and evaluation
* Participatory development of indicators
* Attention to detail and facility with numeric data
* Ability to work in multi-cultural teams
* Excellent communications skills
* Analytical skills
Visit the AMREF vacancies website here to view the job specifications and application process.
If you feel that you meet the criteria, complete the online application form attaching your CV.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage those interested to send their applications byThursday, 29 September 2011.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a non-smoking environment policy.
49 total views, 1 today