AMREF Kenya Program Assistant Hot Job Vacancies
AMREF Kenya Recruits Program Assistant Job Position
AMREF Job: Program Assistant
Geographic Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Supervisor: Training Program/Systems Managers/Asst Director – Community Health Systems and HRH Development
The purpose of the Capacity Kenya Associate Award is to strengthen Human Resources for Health (HRH) systems of the public, faith-based and private health sectors to ensure improved delivery of primary health care (PHC) to improve health outcomes for the people of Kenya.
Primary AMREF JOB Responsibilities
Under overall guidance of the AMREF Training Program/Systems Managers/Asst Director – Community Health Systems and HRH Development, the Program Assistant will offer both program and logistical support to ensure the smooth implementation of planned Project’s activities.
She will be expected to develop a comprehensive technical understanding of the work plans and budgets so as to be able to provide support in development and monitoring of related work plans and budgets.
She will keep proper physical and electronic documentation of Project’s proposals, work plans and budget, cost share reports including proceedings and minutes of meetings as may be required from time to time.
* Provides support in maintaining a reliable and accurate budget monitoring system to ensure specific budget is spent in line with approved activities and budget limits with no risk of budget overruns and under spending.
* Alerts the relevant program point persons on any under/over spending on a monthly basis.
* In consultations with the Program Logistics Assistant, takes lead in providing timely and accurate logistical support to activities in relation to:
1. Organizing activities venues.
2. Computing participants’ perdiem and other allowances.
3. Organizing for materials and equipment required for each activities.
4. Disbursing allowances to the participants.
* Takes minutes and document all proceedings of project planning meetings and any other program-related meeting as requested from time to time.
* In consultation with program teams, work closely with the M&E, Communications and Knowledge management unit to ensure production, printing and publication of necessary program documents and tools.
* Liaises with the various partners and stakeholders to ensure that activities take place as planned.
* Establishes and maintains an easily accessible and user friendly document retrieval system for the Project’s materials that includes but not limited to: PowerPoint slides, project documents, trip reports, consultants’ letters of appointments and evaluation forms, minutes of meetings, other training materials used by the various facilitators in activities.
* Under guidance from the Training Program/Systems Managers/Asst Director – Community Health Systems and HRH Development and other program teams, provides support in compiling the required Project’s quarterly projections, cost share reports including obtaining the relevant supporting documents.
* Establishes and maintains a database of the project participating sites and collaborating agencies including donors (records to be kept both in physical and electronic files)
* Receives and reviews office correspondences and responds to enquiries as necessary.
* Jointly with the Training Program/Systems Managers/Asst Director – Community Health Systems and HRH Development participates on own annual performance appraisal, identifies own learning needs and personal career growth.
* Perform any other responsibilities delegated from time to time.
Education / Experience Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree in social sciences and relevant experience in similar assignments.
* Strong office and organizational skills.
* Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time-sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality.
* Ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment.
* Solid computer skills to include proficiency using e-mail, word-processing and spreadsheet applications, preferably Microsoft Office.
* Strong verbal and written English language skills.
* Good interpersonal and analytical skills
Working Conditions / Physical Requirements
* Willingness and ability to work independently with all stakeholders.
* Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
* Willingness to work overtime as required.
* Willingness to travel throughout Kenya to work with partners and key stakeholders, and potentially internationally, as required.
If you feel that you meet the criteria, complete the online application form and email your CV to [email protected]
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
We encourage those interested to send their applications by Wednesday, 15 June 2011.
AMREF is an equal opportunity employer and has a nonsmoking environment policy.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
- Amref kenya job vacancies
- Program Assistant Vacancies in Kenya
- job vaccancies in amref
- AMREF Kenya job vacancies for February 2012
- AMREF Job Vacancies
- armref jobs
- armref jos
- armref online short courses
- assistant director community health hrh development capacity kenya
- careers 2012 june nairobi
- google amref recent jobs 2012
- job vacancies at AMREF
- www amrefjobs org
- jobs AMREF
- www amrefjobs com
- Kenya Program Assistant job May 2012
- mail amref org
- program assistant jobis in nairobi june 2012
- secretarial jobs in kenya in private sectors
- program assistant nairobi June 2012
- Amref-kernya jobs and vacancies
- Amref International current job listing
- AMREF internship Vacancies
- AMREF internships form
- AMREF JOB ALERTS
- amref job vaccancies
- amref jobs 2012
- amref jobs 2012 june
- amref kenya jobs may 2012kenya breaking news
- amref kenya jobs- project assistant micronutrient
- amref kenya trainings
- AMREF Kenya Vacancies
- AMREF nursing teaching Vacancies
- Amref Project assistant jobs in kenya-2012
- amref secretarial jobs for june 2012
- AMREF Vacancies lab
- amref vaccancies kenya
- AMREF GRADUATE MANAGEMENT 2012
325 total views, 1 today