Altima Africa Recruits Chief Accountant in Kenya
Our Client, a leading construction company in East Africa, seeks to recruit for a Chief Accountant.
This role entails managing the financial tracking and analysis tools, and developing the systems to improve the financial sustainability
- Supervising the accounting department staff
- Overseeing accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll functions and positions
- Serving as liaison with external and internal auditors
- Analyze and interpret financial data and recommend changes to improve systems and financial performance.
- Preparing of accurate financial reports and supporting schedules as required.
- Highlighting to management, potential issues affecting expenses balances and cash flow.
- Perform general accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, journal entries and month end close work/end month financial reports.
- Perform account reconciliation that includes general ledger accounts, inter-company accounts as well as bank accounts.
- Bachelors of Commerce (Accounting or Finance). Masters in finance related fields will be an added advantage.
- Be a certified Public Accountant (CPA (K)
- Qualified Candidate Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and should have experience in Enterprise resource planning systems (ERP-System)
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting position.
- Minimum three years accounting experience in an audit environment or busy office
- Strong internal control focus and understanding of taxation
- Project reporting and cost control experience an added advantage
- Experience in construction accounting is an added advantage.
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visitwww.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by Friday, 24th August, 2012.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
53 total views, 1 today