Altima Africa Ltd Recruits Internal Audit Officer in Kenya
Job Title Internal Audit Officer
Reference IAO _2012
Reference IAO _2012
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd Updated on: 05-09-2012
Location: Nairobi Available: ASAP
Category: Experienced Offer: Neg .
Our Client, a leading Insurance company in the region, seeks to recruit an Internal Audit Officer to effectively achieve its strategic objectives and grow their client base and product offering.
The purpose of this role is to plan, coordinate and execute independent internal audits and report on the same.
This position will conduct an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of policies, procedure and standards to ensure compliance. The individual will be reporting to the Group Internal Audit Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or a related field.
- Professional qualifications – CPA/ACCA (Mandatory), CIA, CISA, IRM.
- At least 5 years of practical internal audit experience.
- Advanced Level Competence in Microsoft Office tools, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Job Specification- Internal Audit Officer
- Participate in development and implementation of risk based audit plans.
- Undertake audit assignments in line with developed plans.
- Compile final reports on audits for review by the Group Internal Audit Manager.
- Perform post-audit follow-up to determine the extent of implementation of audit recommendations.
- Carry-out investigative and adhoc audit and risk assignments.
- Review and assess risk in the accuracy of the management and financial information systems.
- Evaluate and Review the accuracy and reliability of the accounting records and financial & operating reports.
- Evaluate the effectiveness, efficiency and economy of the business units operations.
- Provide investigative services to operations and business line management and any other advisory services required in line with the guidelines set-out in the audit charter.
- Update the audit databases.
- Co-ordinate with external auditors, and verify implementation of internal control recommendations raised by the external auditor.
- Review financial records of the Group and Business Units with a view to detecting irregularities and illegal acts in the conduct of business.
- Assist the Internal Audit Manager in any other audit administrative duties.
- Ability to gather, analyze and evaluate facts and prepare concise written reports
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Self-drive and commitment to take initiatives, address problems, find solutions and provide lead to others with little supervision
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships at all levels of the organization
- Team Player
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visit www.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 14th September 2012.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
33 total views, 1 today