Altima Africa Ltd: Logistics Officer Job in Kenya
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Reference: LO _2012
Recruiter: Altima Africa Ltd
Our Client, a fast growing Internet, Satellite TV and VOIP provider operating across the greater East African region, seeks to recruit a Logistics Officer responsible in the delivery of timely, effective and accountable logistics support.
Work involves initiating purchase requests and keeping track of the stages through which each order is routed until receipt and payment.
Work also involves shipping and receiving responsibilities for materials purchased including filing damage claims and shipping out materials being returned for various reasons.
Work is usually performed under general supervision and requires the use of independent judgment and initiative while continuing to work within the company’s procurement policies and procedures.
· University degree in Business or related field.
· Appropriate qualifications in procurement, logistics or related field.
· 3 – 5 years Experience in logistics, procurement of goods/services and stock management
· Knowledge of procurement and record keeping procedures applicable to purchasing.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with partners and vendors.
· Proficiency in MS Excel, Powerpoint
· Proactive and result-oriented.
· Strong negotiation skills.
· Commitment to and understanding of the company’s aims, values and principles.
Job Specification- Logistics Officer
· Receives and process purchase requests for the Company.
· Maintains contact with vendors regarding orders and merchandise, new products, market conditions, and trends; coordinates purchasing from all Company vendors
· Maintains and supervises Warehousing and logistics contracts with partners
· Receives, inspects, and distributes merchandise to appropriate individuals
· Files damage claims with freight companies or vendors.
· Handle all warranty related claims with vendors and Dealers/
· Prepares periodic reports related to purchasing, inventory control, and shipping and receiving within the local operation.
· Conducts on-site inventory, prepares inventory listings to include the location and status of all equipment.
· Evaluates the quality and appropriateness of supplies and equipment; conducts cost/quality comparisons prior to submitting requests to procurement office.
· Confers with internal departments and external distributors / sellers to determine purchasing needs and specifications.
· Coordinates expenditure records with Accounts payable in order to assure prompt and accurate payment to vendors.
· Performs related work as required.
· Strong analytical and organization skills;
· Computer literacy and familiarity with standard office computer applications;
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
· Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines;
How to Apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visitwww.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 21st September 2012.
Please note that only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
53 total views, 1 today