African Health Markets: Management Consultant Job
AHME is a partnership of 6 organizations: Marie Stopes International, Population Services International, Society for Family Health, IFC’s Health in Africa group, Grameen Foundation, and PharmAccess International. Programming is focused in Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana.
- Facilitate the start up of AHME at the country level
- Provide leadership and vision on the implementation of AHME in country
- Provide support to MSI and other partners in executing and managing projects/developing their programme
- Organize stakeholder meetings
- Prepare training/commodity plans
- Develop risk registers
- Convene kick off meetings in Nigeria, Kenya and Ghana
- Support start up of AHME work within MSI by coordinating with the relevant teams such as Research and Metrics, Medical Development Team, etc.
- Document start up with country level start up guidelines including financial and narrative report requirements and schedule for all partners.
- Facilitate start up of AHME management structure
- Create Terms of Reference for AHME board, Technical Advisory Board, Project Management Team
- Convene initial meetings at all management levels
- Develop communications strategy for AHME
- Develop internal communications strategy for MSI to ensure all internal stakeholders are aware of AHME and their contributions
- Develop external communications strategy for stakeholders within implementation countries and donors to ensure all external stakeholders are aware of AHME and their contributions
- Facilitate contracting process with AHME partnership
- Coordinate and contracting process for MSI with donor partners and between partners and MSI
- Effectively manage sub-grants with partners including clear financial and narrative reporting
- Master’s Degree in Public Health – Health Financing and Health Systems focus
- Minimum 5 years progressive work-experience in international development
- Project management experience
- Grants management experience
- Knowledge of health systems, clinical service delivery and health financing
- Writing skills – ability to present written information in an appealing and easy to follow format
- Highly articulate and analytical with attention to detail
- Passionate about improving access to health services and information.
- Belief in the role of the private sector to deliver health outcomes
Marie Stopes Kenya
On or before 20th July, 2012
22 total views, 1 today