Administrative/Logistic Assistant Job in Hargeisa, Somaliland
United Nations Population Fund
Somalia Country Office
Leader in Reproductive Health and Population and Development
Vacancy No: VA/FPA/SOM/07-4/2012
Post Title: Admin/Logistic Assistant
Type of Contract: Service Contract
Duration: 1 year, Renewable, subject to satisfactory performance and availability of funds.
Duty Station: Hargeisa, Somaliland
Date of Issue: 25th July 2012
Closing Date: 8th August 2012
Organisational Unit: ASRO/UNFPA Somalia
UNFPA, the United Nations Population Fund, is an international development agency that promotes the right of every woman, man and child to enjoy a life of health and equal opportunity.
UNFPA supports countries in using population data for policies and programmes to reduce poverty and to ensure that every pregnancy is wanted, every birth is safe, every young person is free of HIV/AIDS, and every girl and woman is treated with dignity and respect.
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Somalia Country Office Representative and under direct supervision of the Head of UNFPA Field Office Hargeisa, the incumbent will carry out the following functions:
- Draft responses to incoming correspondence, type and proof-read correspondence and documents and produce the final document.
- Maintain up-to-date addresses and telephone numbers of staff, partner agencies and vendors.
- Prepare Travel Authorization (TA), calculate entitlements for staff and other UNFPA personnel travelling, support in the completion of Annual Travel Plans.
- Assist in hotel bookings for the missions and new arrivals;
- Monitor vehicle usage and ensure that log books are regularly reviewed and signed;
- Assist in managing office assets and keep up to date record, ensure that all assets are labeled and room-wise inventory is maintained and displayed in each office;
- Compile list of assets for disposal.
- Assist in booking venues and other logistic arrangements for workshops, trainings and other events under UNFPA direct implementation
- Assist in procurement by obtaining quotes, analysis, receipts and payments
- Assist in submit GHG Emission Calculator annually;
- Contribute to UNFPA Somalia Bi-Monthly staff list for OSC, UNDSS and Nairobi UNFPA, by updating and providing complete information for Field Office Hargeisa;
- Assist new arrivals and missions in security briefing and other arrangements;
- Take notes at all office meetings and prepare correspondence as directed by head of sub-office.
- Follow and prepare report on status of implementation of recommendations and business arising from office meetings.
- Update and manage the office programme/operation filing system to ensure easy and quick retrieval of information.
- Provision of support to maintenance of common premises and common services
- Organization of shipments, customs clearance arrangements,
- preparation of documents for shipments (receive/sent),
- Preparation of all necessary documents, receipt of quotation, bids or proposals, and their preliminary evaluation.
- Assist in the implementation of MOSS in field office Hargeisa.
- Assist in updating the inventory of assets on a regular basis.
- Assist in preparing required regular inventory reports on logistics and movement of assets.
- Receive cargo from flights and process requisite documents for clearance.
- Keep accurate records of movement of air cargo coming in and going out of Somaliland.
- Assist in maintaining accurate and up-to-date filing system for correspondence, reports, policy documents, and periodicals for supply & logistics related activities
- Meet all flights/ships arriving at the local airports in Hargeisa and Berbera,
- process duty free documents and clearance of the supplies from the ports including for supplies to other field locations within Somalia.
- Keep an accurate record of all air cargo coming in and going out of Somalinad.
- Make bookings of cargo on flights where required.
- Oversee UNFPA commodities in the MOH warehouse and keep updated records on distribution and balance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- Initiative and discretion;
- participates effectively in a team-based information-sharing environment, collaborating and cooperating with others;
- plans and produces quality results to meet established goals;
- strives for quality client-oriented services;
- executes day-to-day tasks systematically and efficiently; good communication skills;
- capacity to work under pressure.
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines.
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within work unit and with internal and external clients.
- Anticipates client needs and addresses them promptly and diplomatically.
- Integrity/Commitment to mandate
- Inspires confidence through personal credibility.
- Holds themselves accountable for actions taken.
- Takes initiative to report on any deviations from established norms/practices.
- Places UNFPA interest first and foremost, including resisting political and personal pressure.
- Demonstrates personal commitment to UNFPA’s mandate and to the organizational vision.
- Shows respect, tact and consideration for different cultures in all communications.
- Communicating information and ideas:
- Prepares written material in a manner that does not require corrections or editing by other.
Conflict and self-management:
- Remains calm, composed and patient, regardless of her own state of mind.
- Avoids engaging in unproductive conflict
Education: Diploma in Business and Public Administration or equivalent,
Experience: 3 to 4 years relevant experience in Administration/Logistics, preferably part of it with an International organization or the United Nations.
Languages: Somali language a must and a good command of English language, both written and spoken.
Computer Skills: Proficiency in current office software applications.
Applications with a current CV and P11 (www.escwa.un.org/main/vacancies/P_11.doc) marked: “VA/FPA/SOM/07-4/2012 – Admin/Logistics Assistant-Hargeisa” should be forwarded to email address: [email protected]
UNFPA will only be able to respond
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
23 total views, 1 today