Administrative Assistant Job At Altima Africa Ltd Kenya
Altima Africa Ltd
Our Client, a leading Insurance company in the region, seeks to recruit a Group Administrative Assistant to ensure that the Group Executive Officer and Group Managers have support on all administrative and clerical tasks so that the team can focus on business issues.
Additionally, s/he will manage the Group CIO, Group CFO and Group Co. Secretary diary and agenda, provide support to their direct reports as required, and anticipate and resolve administrative issues that may hinder the smooth operations of their office.
The person will be reporting to: Group Head of Legal / Company Secretary
Dotted reporting to: Group Chief Information Officer (Group CIO), Group Chief Finance Officer (Group CFO)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
- Higher Diploma in Business Management
- 3-4 years working experience in customer service or related area
- Some related experience managing a senior managers office
- Advanced computer skills-MS Office, Microsoft dynamics -AX, MS Project
Job Specification – Group Administrative Assistant
- Timely review of all incoming mail, and responding or re-routing to the correct respondents.
- Timely and professional preparation of outgoing mail for the Group Managers indicated.
- Management and recording of all incoming and outgoing mail to ensure a database for future reference is maintained for speedy and accurate future reference.
- Managing all internal and external queries and requests, responding and re-directing accordingly.
Calendar and Agenda
- Scheduling of meetings.
- Managing requests for meetings by key stakeholders or other outside parties.
- Arranging for all travel, hotel bookings and pick up.
- Ensuring passport and visas are current and in good order for travel arrangement.
- Prepare detailed itineraries for use at Group and subsidiary offices where required
General Administrative Work
- Maintain internal Group contact details for use by the Group Managers listed.
- Maintain external contact details for key stake holders.
- Provide support to the Executive Assistant regarding the executive office admin activities.
- Set up a system to ensure follow up and follow through on all project deadlines and responses.
- Liaise with facilities as necessary with regards to office requirements.
- Manage filing and records.
Management of Payments
- Complete the Group Managers financial transactions using AX e.g. travel expenses, tickets, travel requests, leave requests, etc
- Monitor the Group Managers offices budget on their behalf– identify discrepancies and notify relevant team members as and when necessary
Internal and External Contacts
Within the company
- Group MD and Deputy Group MD
- Directors when required
- Group Managers and other subsidiaries management team
- Executive Assistants to the CEOs
- Finance department for payments
Outside the company
- Travel agencies
- Car Rentals
- Government Officials (Ad hoc meetings for various reasons) e.g, regulators, etc
- General Office Management
- Methodical thinking and a high sense of urgency
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with tight deadlines
- Effective Time Management
- Leveraging and Respecting Others
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing
- Writing effectively
- Acting with integrity
- Instilling confidence and trust
- Focusing on clients
How to apply
If you are qualified and up to the challenge visitwww.altimaafrica.com/careers.php and apply online by 5pm, 18th October 2012.
58 total views, 2 today