FilmAid International has operational presence in Dadaab and Kakuma refugee camp and is one of UNHCR’s Implementing partners.
- Management & maintenance of Kakuma petty cash in the office.
- Continually maintaining proper systems of storing cash, making payments and keeping cash books and other financial records.
- Responsible for the integrity of the petty cash system in Kakuma.
- Receiving invoices and raising payment requests
- Processing and submitting the cash books to Nairobi office within the stipulated timeline.
- Coordinate with Finance Officer on monthly basis to review budget to actual reports to ensure propriety of information
- Ensure that financial procedures are followed by all program and administration staff based in Kakuma.
- Preparing monthly cash forecasts for Kakuma office.
- Participating in budget preparation for Kakuma office and budget revision.
- Regular update and review of Kakuma programmes cash flow requirements and ensuring timely information to the Finance Officer and coordinate petty cash transfers to the field.
- Prepare for internal and external audits and donor financial review as may be required.
- Develop and maintain an accurate and efficient filling system
- Represent FilmAid in all administrative related task forces in Kakuma and the organization when required.
- Ensuring proper working of office utilities; internet, telephone etc.
- Maintaining a communication list of all focal persons of agencies operating in Kakuma.
- Arranging flights, transport and accommodation for staff and visitors on travel to Kakuma field office.
- Arranging all travel documents for staff and visitors and advising them on all issues that relate to traveling including liaising with the relevant government offices.
- Ensure all staff are abiding by organization’s travel and safety regulations.
- Maintain the Kakuma staff leave schedule for national and refugee staff with records of all leave benefits.
- Maintaining an up to date emergency contact list of all Kakuma based staff.
- Maintain incentive staff files with proper records of dates of hire, staff contracts and staff leave and any staff disciplinary issues.
- Providing all basic information to new staff. In charge of orientation of new staff in Kakuma office, which will include the code of conduct.
- Represent FilmAid in all administrative related task forces in Kakuma.
- Coordinate staff performance evaluations for staff they supervise and
- Work with the HR Administrator to coordinate the Kakuma staff appraisal process.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of all information that he/she may have access to in the execution of his duties.
- Guide staff as necessary and report to management any breaches of the Code of conduct if the situation arises.
- Co-ordinate Kakuma’s process of procurement, goods reception and arrange for transportation of items received from Nairobi to Kakuma field program.
- In-charge of storage & stores management for assets and consumables.
- Maintenance of Kakuma fixed asset register and carrying out stock takes
- Asset management; ensure proper care and use of vehicles, generators, audio equipment and other FilmAid assets
- Reporting regularly on logistics status of the program to the Kakuma Finance Officer.
- Must be of Kenyan nationality OR Must be eligible to work in Kenya.
- Certified Public Account (CPA) part II.
- Higher Diploma in Business Administration, Human Resources or logistics from a recognized institution.
- At least 3 years experience in Accounting and or logistics department preferably with a humanitarian aid organization.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and at least one computerized accounting system.
- Knowledge in Quick Books will be an added advantage.
- Quick decision making.
- Ready to work with minimal supervision with ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ready to work for long hours in a hardship area.
- Team player, excellent interpersonal, organizational, multitasking and communication skills.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action.
- Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
How to apply:
Please email applications with only cover letter, CV and 3 references by 23rd May 2012 to: email@example.com.
Note that applicants who send letters of references, testimonials or any other documents apart from those requested will be automatically disqualified.
Only short-listed candidates will be notified.