Admin Assistant (KShs 69K)
Vacancy Notice: IOM/015/12
Functional Title: Admin Assistant, TICAD
Duty Station: Nairobi
Grade/Remuneration: UNGRADED (Kes 69,350.00 per month)
Duration of Assignment: 3 Months with possibility of extension
Starting Date: 1 April, 2012
Under the overall supervision of the KHRT Program Manager and under direct supervision of the Program Support Assistant the incumbent is responsible for performing routine administration duties including general project, procurement and logistic support for Nairobi and field based offices.
1. Assist in maintaining project administration systems as established by the Program Manager including filing and general administration.
2. Maintains good record of technical information including assessment tools and curricula.
3. Take minutes in meetings and provide relevant documentation for the meetings.
4. Prepare Travel Authorizations (TA) and request for security clearance for the external consultants and mission staff as required.
5. Maintains information for the monthly report to the Donor.
6. Prepares Payment Requests for authorization and coordinate with finance for payments.
7. Ensures timely dispatch of accounting and procurement records as directed.
8. Requests for project materials and equipment and follow up with the
procurement office for delivery and ensure dispatch as required.
9. Assist and support on logistics and administrative planning of meetings and
trainings in Nairobi as necessary.
10. Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
1. Diploma in Business Administration, Social sciences or an equivalent.
2. Minimum (2) two years of related experience in administrative, secretarial and/or logistics work in the private sector/UN agencies/NGOs/IOs.
3. Strong communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
4. Hard working, dedicated and able to monitor and follow up pending matters.
5. Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimum supervision.
6. High level of computer literacy especially MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint.
7. Fluency in English and Kiswahili languages.
Mode of Application:
Submit cover letter and CV including daytime telephone and email address to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
P. O Box 55040-00200 Nairobi
or send by email to email@example.com
Closing Date: 16TH March 2012
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted
45 total views, 1 today