Admin Assistant Job in the Office of the Director General
icipe - African Insect Science for Food and Health is an intergovernmental organisation funded by governmental aid agencies, UN organisations and private foundations to carry out research and training in environmentally sound and sustainable management of arthropods for improving health and agricultural productivity in the tropics.
icipe has approximately 350 staff to support its research and capacity building programmes located at various sites in Kenya and Ethiopia.
icipe seeks to urgently fill a new opening with a young and dynamic, self-motivated Administrative Assistant in the Office of the Director General, who is prepared to work long hours to meet tight deadlines.
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Assist in handling hard copy and electronic documentation, and inputting data onto the Grant Agreements and MOU databases in an accurate and timely manner;
- Undertake filing and document labelling;
- Assist with Governing Council file documents preparation;
- Update icipe corporate and Project contracts;
- Carry out photocopying and scanning of documents;
- Update the visitors records and organise business cards;
- Receive mail and answer incoming telephone calls;
- Prepare documents for dispatch by DHL/post/hand delivery.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Possess effective organisational and analytical problem solving skills.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
- Knowledge of finance and accounting principles will be an added advantage.
- University degree in either Management or Administration from a reputable institution.
- Two years’ working experience in a commercial, international (or similar environment).
- Should possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have highly effective multi-tasking skills with the ability to coordinate, prioritise and organise workload.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Human Resources Department
icipe – African Insect Science for Food and Health
P.O. Box 30772-00100
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
91 total views, 1 today