Admin Assistant Job in Nairobi
Founded in 1987 as a nonpartisan, nonprofit organization, IFES has developed and implemented comprehensive, collaborative democracy solutions in more than 120 countries.
- Provide administrative support to the Chief of Party, Director of Programs, Operations Manager and other program staff;
- Handle the logistics of conferences, workshops, seminars, luncheons, meetings, etc.;
- Prepare and assemble briefing materials;
- Receive all mails and newspapers;
- Maintain calendar of events;
- Develop and maintain the office inventory.
- Purchase of office supplies and maintenance of the store log.
- Organize and maintain a central filling system in both paper and electronic form.
- Maintain a database of IFES contacts, NGOs and other organizations.
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of all IFES property.
- Manage the KenyaRecruit.org email account.
- Maintenance of incoming and outgoing correspondence, answer telephone calls and assist with public inquiries, provide relief for staff during absences.
- Assist in procurement activities including bidding and selection process of vendors.
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Chief of Party or Operations Manager.
- At least two years related administrative experience;
- MS Excel and MS Word skills required;
- Strong command of verbal and written English;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and inter-cultural communication skills;
- Good judgment;
- Initiative as well as ability to take direction;
- Good organizational skills;
- Two years of experience with an international organization preferred.
Applicants must be Kenyan citizens or third country nationals permanently residing in Kenya.
33 total views, 1 today