Admin Assistant Job in Kenya
Department: Property & HR / Operations
Responsible for (Direct reports):Caretakers, Housekeeper, Security
Responsibilities (Functions and duties):
- Maintains workflow by studying methods; implementing cost reductions
- Creates and revises systems and procedures by analyzing operating practices, recordkeeping systems, forms control, office layout, and budgetary and personnel requirements; implementing changes.
- Resolves administrative problems by coordinating preparation of reports, analyzing data, and identifying solutions.
- Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Provides information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning administrative projects; expediting work results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Collecting of rental payments from clients and handing over to accounts and or bank; ensuring daily up to date reports are with various supervisors
- Ensuring proper use of daily petty cash and adequate reports initialised
- Any other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- Ensuring all procedures are followed and well run
- Ensuring Reports in a timely and prompt manner
- Daily reports
- Weekly & monthly reports
- At least 3 years experience as an Administrative Assistant in a reputable property related organisation.
Academic:Higher Diploma or Diploma in Administration; Certificate in IT; Skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint
Professional: IT Skills in webdesign desirable
Specialist knowledge required:
1) Public Safety and Security — Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
2) Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
3) English & Swahili Language — Knowledge of the structure and content of the English & Swahili language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar.
4) Law and Government — Knowledge of laws, legal codes, court procedures, precedents, government regulations, executive orders, agency rules, and the democratic political process.
5) Clerical — Knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures and systems such as word processing, managing files and records, and other office procedures and terminology.
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to details and accuracy
- Planning and Organising skills
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of industry changes in regards to issues affecting security
- Ability to maintain confidential information
- Desktop computer
- Laptop Computer
52 total views, 1 today