Admin Assistant Job At IIRR in Nairobi Kenya
IIRR is well reputed for its knowledge management capacity through documentation of best development-oriented practices, and is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified candidate for the following position based at the Africa Regional Center (IIRR-ARC), Nairobi, Kenya.
Summary of Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee general office administration, (i.e. supervision of support staff, maintenance of office cleanliness etc).
- Ensure proper management of office equipment, proper maintenance, repairs, insurance and contract for all office equipment/assets.
- Ensure proper maintenance of office compound/gardens and the office in general.
- Coordinate logistics for travel/accommodation/conferences, ticketing, visas, and pickups to/from the airport.
- Support the HR & Admin officer in supervising and organizing the Office Assistant and the drivers to meet their job descriptions, including meeting good cleaning standards for the office premises.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails and ensure that all telephone bills are paid in time.
- Answer, screen and transfer inbound phone calls.
- Assist in planning and preparation of meetings, workshops and the Boardroom.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate staff member and prepare itineraries.
- Open and date stamp all general correspondences and sort all mails.
- Update phone / mail directories.
- Update and chase all delegated tasks to ensure progress to deadlines.
- Perform other related duties as required by the management and assure discreet handling of all business.
- Degree in Human Resources Management, Business Administration, however a diploma holder with proven experience can be considered.
- At least 3 years relevant experience
- Proficient in Administration matters
- Able to communicate well with all levels of people.
- Good writing skills
- Meticulous, detailed, well-organized and able to work independently to meet date lines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong IT and skills
- Communication skills – written and verbal
- Planning and organizing
- Problem assessment and problem solving
- Information gathering and information monitoring
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Customer service orientation
Note: Please write- “APPLICATION FOR ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT” on the subject line of your email
Human Resources and Administration Officer,
International Institute for Rural Reconstruction,
Africa Regional Center,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
42 total views, 2 today