Admin and Human Resource Officer Job in Kenya – NDI
The National Democratic Institute (NDI) is an International nonprofit, Non partisan organization working to support and strengthen democratic institutions worldwide through citizen participation, openness and accountability in government.
Administrative and HR Officer
The position entails performing General Office Administration functions and includes basic HR roles to ensure smooth running of the Nairobi office
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Acts as support for the Office in logistical, operational and administrative matters.
- Researches and assists in the implementation of administrative systems and processes regarding leases, timesheets and other administrative aspects of the office, in coordination with respective program teams.
- Assists in recruitment process by scheduling interviews, maintaining staff files and performing other HR functions to ensure compliance with organizational policies and local HR laws.
- Works with program staff, short-term consultants and trainers, hotels, N Dl’s travel agent, the operations team and foreign missions to assist with the coordination and support of staff travel, training conferences and events.
- Assists with Inventory and Assets tracking including distribution and allocation of office equipment and Furniture.
- Assists with coordination of orientations, staff training and employee development procedures.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business administration or equivalent
- Minimum one (1) experience in General office administration with an INGO.
- Additional years of relevant work experience and HR-Diploma qualifications will be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to follow through on multiple tasks in a fast-paced work environment; deadline oriented; requires little oversight to complete tasks.
- Good interpersonal skills to effectively interact with all levels of staff including administrative, logistical, and operational contacts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
“Applications by emails only, send cover letter and CVs to email@example.com so as to reach The Office Manager on or before September 28th 2012’
50 total views, 1 today