Accounts Payable Assistant
The United States Agency for International Development’s East Africa Mission (USAID/East Africa) seeks to fill the position of Accounts Payable Assistant in its Regional Financial Management Services (RFMS) Office. The position is based in Nairobi and is open to qualified Kenyan citizens.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- The incumbent serves as an Accounts Payable Assistant in the RFMS/Nairobi Office and is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services. This includes processing and monitoring payments and expenditures and preparing and monitoring the payroll system.
- Providing these services in an effective and efficient manner will ensure that agency finances are accurate and up to date, that staffs are paid in a timely and appropriate manner and that vendors are paid within established time limits in accordance with the Prompt Payments Act (PPA).
- RFMS USAID/East Africa requires the processing of payments for programs implemented in USAID/Kenya, USAID/East Africa (including, Djibouti, Burundi, and Somalia), Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance (OFDA), Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI), Congo, USAID/DRC, and other countries supported by the office as needed.
- The Accounts Payable Assistant examines and processes difficult and complex invoices and claims for payments against program funded contracts and grants used to implement Mission activities, as well as a operating expense funded vouchers such as contracts and travel vouchers. In addition, the Accounts Payable Assistant shall review samples of selected documents from contractors and grantees to manage and reduce USAID’s accountability risks.
- Each Accounts Payable Assistant is expected to review, approve and pay in excess of $100 million each year.
- As a member of the RFMS, the incumbent ensures performance of assigned duties reflect well on RFMS and the Mission, and recognizes the importance of timely performance of responsibilities to enable all staff to meet the commitments of the Mission.
Any application that does not meet the minimum requirements stated below will not be evaluated. Only short listed applicants will be contacted. If you have not been contacted within one month from the closing date of this advertisement, please consider your application unsuccessful.
- Education: A Bachelor’s degree in accounting is required.
- Prior Work Experience (40%): 3-5 years of progressively responsible experience in accounts, voucher examining, bookkeeping, or related fiscal work. Experience with using accounts programs and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Knowledge (30%): The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas: 1) knowledge of accounts payable, accounts receivable and maintaining automated general ledgers; 2) knowledge of payroll functions and procedures; 3)ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial and payroll information; and, 4) ability to maintain confidentiality concerning financial and employee files.
- Skills and Abilities (30%): The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills: excellent interpersonal skills; team building skills; bookkeeping skills; analytical and problem solving skills; decision making skills; effective verbal and listening communications skills; attention to detail and high level of accuracy; very effective organizational skills; effective written; communications skills; computer skills including the ability to operate computerized accounting, spreadsheet and word-processing programs, and email at a highly proficient level; stress management skills; time management skills; and, proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
Those fulfilling the requirements of the position should submit their application together with detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of all the relevant certificates to the following address:
The Human Resource Office
United States Agency for International Development
P.O. Box 629, Village Market, 00621, Nairobi, Kenya
Re: Accounts Payable Assistant, RFMS/USAID/East Africa
APPLICATIONS MUST REACH THE USAID HR OFFICE BY COB MARCH 20, 2012
- account assistant jobs in Nairobi
- accounts assistant jobs - nairobi
- accounts assistant jobs in kenyan
- accounts payable jobs in kenya april 2012
- accounts payables in kenya
- jobs accounts payable KENYA
- jobs with rfms
- sample of an application as an accounts assistant in kenya
- vacancy at kimanthi university
56 total views, 1 today