The NGO, University of Washington – Global Assistance Project Kenya (UW-Kenya), in Nairobi, is currently recruiting for the position of an Accounts Assistant for various research studies and training programs taking place in Kenya.
The position will be based in Nairobi.
Main Objectives of this position:
The Accounts Assistant will provide accounting and budget support to Principal Investigators, administrators and trainees involved in research and training programs associated with University of Washington and its collaborating institutions in Kenya.
This position requires an understanding of grant administration and budget functions of the University of Washington as well as Kenyan institutions.
The Accounts Assistant will have frequent communication with the Seattle and Nairobi-based personnel involved in research and training activities.
This position reports to the Principal Investigator/Program Director of each program.
Key Responsibilities and Tasks include:
- Liaise with the Grants and Contracts Office at University of Washington and collaborating institutions to facilitate management of grant funds
- Ensure paychecks are processed on time, as well as preparation and payment of locum salaries and benefits
- Handle petty cash, reconcile and submit to the grants office for reimbursement
- Reconcile Field Advances
- Pay suppliers and other project vendors
- Reconcile project votes in the different collaborating institutions
- Prepare monthly statements for the different collaborating institutions
- Maintain accounting records
- Management and follow up of project budgets
- Any other accounting work that may arise
- Liaise with UW-Kenya HR and Finance Manager as needed
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experiences:
Education: Bachelor of Business Administration – Human Resource Management, qualified CPA Parts I & II
Experience: At least one year experience in an accounting assistant position and proficiency in the Microsoft Office Suite
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Very strong organizational skills
Good team player
All applicants should send an application letter stating why your skills and qualifications are suitable for this position and an updated detailed Curriculum vita (CV) including detailed work experience, current remuneration, with current contact information, notice period required to take up appointment and names and contacts of three professional references to email@example.com.
Do ensure that you fill in the form in the following link even as you send your credentials:
Contract for one year, renewable as per the UW-Kenya’s scheme of service.
The successful candidate shall undergo a six month probationary period for the first six months upon initiation of employment.
Closing Date: September 3, 2012 5:00pm
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Foreseen start date: October 1, 2012
50 total views, 2 today