Accounting Jobs in Kenya 2011
Chief Accountant at BOC Kenya Limited in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
BOC Kenya Limited is a market leader in industrial and medical gases, welding equipment and consumables, medical equipment and related services. The Company operates to the highest global standards and has access to the latest in cutting edge research and technologies provided by its parent company, The Linde Group of Germany.
The company has established subsidiaries in Tanzania and Uganda with a distribution network of resellers within the East African Region.
Candidates are sought to fill the following positions based in Nairobi:-
The purpose of this role will be to perform highly complex accounting work to generally accepted accounting principles, established procedures and regulatory requirements.
Key Responsibilities/ Accountabilities
- Ensure adherence to general acceptable accounting standards and principles, maintain proper audit trails, verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work.
- Ensure compliance with tax and other statutory deadlines.
- Ensure all functional activities and projects are performed within established budgetary parameters, including performing cost control activities, monitoring revenues and expenditure and ensure sound fiscal control.
- Participate in developing budgets and forecasts.
- Plan, manage, coordinate and implement the year end closing process and procedures.
- Plan and establish work schedules within set deadlines, evaluate accounting and expenditure documents, purchase orders, distribution and disbursement orders for the purpose of ensuring compliance with established regulatory standards.
- Prepare clear and concise periodic financial statements and reports ensuring compliance with established financial policies and procedures.
- Provide technical accounting support and interpretation to the business.
- Analyse budget pattern and financial expenditure. Forecast trends and analysis of results.
- Develop narrative and statistical reports for business review.
Skills, Experience & Competencies Required
- Bachelors degree in finance, accounting or related field and professional accountancy certification (CPA / ACCA), Assistant Audit Manager or Audit Manager
- Experience with 7 to 10 years post qualification progressively responsible experience in business accounting and budget administration.
- The incumbent will have extensive experience in financial reporting, internal control, financial analysis and budgeting.
- The ideal candidate will be results driven, with a high performance and team work orientation.
- Business acumen, strategic thinking, visible leadership, decision making & execution, cross cultural communication and cooperation, process, project and risk management and a strong growth drive complete the profile for this challenging position.
Applications addressed to:
The Human Resources Manager
BOC Kenya Ltd.
Closing Date: 12th August 2011
- accounting jobs in kenya nairobi dec 2011
- accountant vacancies in nairobi kenya
- Part-time accounting job svacancies in Nairobi
- Kenya Accountancy Jobs
- job vacancies in an accounting field kenya nairobi
- accounting vacancies in nairobi
- accounting and finance jobs in kenya
- accounting and f inance jobs in kenya 2011
- accountimg jobs in nairobi
- www accountan jobs in kenya
73 total views, 2 today