Posts Tagged “usaid projects”
Chemonics International, a U.S. based international development consulting firm, seeks qualified short- and long-term professionals for the anticipated USAID-funded Kenya Agricultural Value Chain Enterprises Project, a 5-year, $50 million dollar activity which will increase agricultural productivity in selected staple crop, horticulture, and dairy value chains.
We are seeking specialists in the following areas:
· Water management , engineering, and irrigation
· Production, transformation, and commercialization of staple foods
· Agribusiness and marketing
· Processing and value addition
· Nutrition, gender, and youth integration
· Value chain competitiveness (staple grains and legumes, horticulture, dairy)
· Institutional capacity building
· Public-private partnerships
· Post harvest handling and storage
· Agricultural finance
· Master’s degree plus at least 7 years relevant experience or Bachelor’s degree plus at least 10 years relevant experience
· Proven track record in successful delivery of technical assistance and management/supervisory experience on large, complex development programs
· Prior experience with USAID projects strongly preferred
· Understanding of Feed the Future performance indicators preferred
· Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· For senior positions, at least 5 years of experience designing, managing, and implementing multifaceted agricultural development, food security, and nutrition programs.
Send CV and cover letter to email@example.com by June 10, 2012.
Indicate area of expertise in cover letter and subject line of email.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Finalists will be contacted.