Posts Tagged “garowe”
Vacancy No.: IOMSO/051/12
Position Title: Programme Assistant
Classification: G3/1 (based on the UN Salary Scale for the staff in Kenya)
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Type of Appointment: 6 months Special All Inclusive contract with possibility of extension
Under the overall supervision of the Health Programme Officer-Somalia, and in coordination with IOM colleagues in Nairobi, Kenya, as well as Hargeisa and Garowe, Somalia, the incumbent will provide programmatic, administrative and financial assistance to MHD Somalia team in the implementation of existing activities and project development.
1. Word processing, formatting, drafting and collating of correspondence, publications, tables, reports, presentations, and other forms of documentation.
2. Retrieval and structuring of information and background research from various sources (e.g.Intra-/Internet, office files, central documentation services, etc.).
3. Responding to internal and external inquiries, or referring to appropriate contacts/units; screening calls, receives and directing visitors.
4. Setting up and updating archiving and retrieval systems. Maintaining office supplies and coordinating the provision of central services (e.g. translation, printing, building services, etc).
5. Assisting in the organization of meetings and events; arranges for meeting facilities and equipment, making travel arrangements, preparing correspondence and assembling documents for participants.
6. Perform any additional duties that may be assigned by the Health Programme Officer-Somalia.
1. Completed Diploma in Social Science, Public Health, International Relations or Development Studies, Business Management, Logistics or related field.
2. Three years’ experience working in programming, preferably in health and/or HIV managing all the administrative duties
3. Knowledge of administrative procedures of IOM or UN agencies
4. Exceptional writing skills, with demonstrated ability to draft and edit technical documents
5. Desirable IOM Competencies:-
Behavioural – Accountability, Client Orientation, Continuous Learning, Communication, Performance Management, Professionalism and Teamwork.
Technical – Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations, effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners, works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
6. Proficient in Microsoft Office, Internet and Outlook.
7. Excellent spoken and written English. Knowledge of Somali an asset.
Mode of Application: Submit Cover Letter and CV including daytime telephone and email address to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
Human Resources Department,
P.O Box 55040-00200 Nairobi
or send by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 25 June 2012
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted