Posts Tagged “coopi”
COOPI – Cooperazione Internazionale is a relief and development organization founded in Italy in 1965. COOPI’s envisions a world without poverty where diverse cultures live together sharing equal rights and equal opportunities.
COOPI mission is to reduce poverty in the global South through interventions of long-term sustainable international cooperation and with advocacy activities in Italy, to fight the cause of the serious economic gap between the North and South.
Position: Project Officer
Duration: 6 months (Extendable)
Location: Baidoa, Bay region. South Somalia.
· Has the overall responsibility of representation and overseeing planning and implementation of program activities in the district of operation;
· Provides information on humanitarian situation and any other contextual issues;
· Coordinates implementation of program activities in the district;
· Guides the staff on COOPI objectives, policies, strategies and Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs), and respect to the humanitarian principles;
· Guides the staff on program objectives, expected results, activities and implementation approaches;
· Lead the district team in planning and implementation of activities and monitoring in line with program plans;
· Prepares periodic progress reports as required;
· Serves as focal point for the agency at Baidoa including logistical support and linkages with Nairobi coordination office.
· Supervises the team members, acting administratively as the link between COOPI and the staff;
· Prepares monthly cash requests as per work plans and in liaison with the Project Manager
· Degree/Diploma or equivalent in public health, Sociology, Social work, community development or related fields;
· Minimum of three years’ of management work including logistics management.
· Good understanding of the principles of project cycle and project implementation;
· Knowledge and understanding of the key issues and trends in humanitarian aid and community development, with specific knowledge of participatory development approaches;
· Being a Somali National / citizen and field experience in health, wash, etc.
· Strong computer skills and ability to use standard technology packages (word, excel, outlook, power point, internet etc);
· Proven planning, organizational and research / analytical skills;
· Strong team working and interpersonal skills;
· Ability to communicate and write effectively in English Language.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Send 1 page letter of expression of interest and updated CV by the Closing date: 03/12/2012
The Regional Representative,
Copy to: The Project Manager, [email protected]
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Applicants to state the preferable district of operation