6 Top Volunteer Jobs in Juja
- Are you a youth living in Juja constituency?
- Are you passionate about young people and actively involved in youth activities where you live through the local Youth Village Bunge?
- Do you want to gain skills, tools and experience that can allow you to go into consultancy (self-employment), work with micro-finance and business development institutions or NGO’s involved in youth community savings programs?
FOCUS YIK (Youth Initiative Kenya) (based in Juja Constituency) with the support of Mercy Corps and through funding by USAID, is currently implementing the Yes Youth Can (YYC) Program in Central Province.
The program is designed to empower Kenya’s youth population through building the capacity of youth groups and organizations to engage with markets, governments and their immediate communities;
and to pursue their legitimate needs and interests more effectively in a way that builds positive inter-ethnic networks.
The program has an economic empowerment component which includes formation of Village Savings and Loans (VSL) groups for young people within Bunges.
We are looking for volunteer young women and men to be empowered as constituency-based VSL trainers to support this.
You will be helping youths in your constituency mobilize their own resources for domestic and business use as you develop your own competence in this field.
If your answer is yes to all the above questions and in addition you;
- Are available – Trainer should be a resident of the Constituency they intend to work in, be available to deliver trainings and support saving groups in their constituency.
- Have the right attitude – Trainers should enjoy working with youths and youth groups and play a supportive role as a model or mentor.
- Have the reach – Trainers should have access to and feel comfortable working in environments and places where Bunges operate within their constituencies.
- Are flexible – Youth are a diverse cohort and trainers should therefore be able to adapt their practice to meet various needs among different youth in the community.
- Are committed – Trainers should demonstrate a commitment to youths, youth empowerment, YYC goals and objectives.
- ‘O’ Level (KCSE) Certificate (Post-Secondary qualifications in business administration, economics and related specializations preferred though not necessary as a trainer as the successful candidates will be trained)
- At least 1 year experience working with or functioning in chamas, investment groups or table-banking groups.
- Membership with a local YYC Village Bunge.
- Proven arithmetic, organizational and planning skills.
Hand-delivered applications can be dropped off at our offices at FOCUS located at
Focus Resource Centre,
Along Ruiru Kiambu Road,
2 KM From Ruiru Town,
At Herushade Building
Please state the constituency and title of the job position on the subject-line. Female youths are especially encouraged to apply.
24 total views, 1 today