The Paradigm Project: Regional Enumerators
The Paradigm Project is seeking to hire 4 part-time enumerators / surveyors who are based in each of the following provinces of Kenya: Central (including Nairobi and parts of Eastern), Rift Valley, Nyanza, and Coast.
The regional enumerator will be a contract-based position to execute surveys in that region on a quarterly basis on behalf of The Paradigm Project’s ongoing cookstove program.
The position will require field work in rural areas to execute surveys with customers who have purchased Paradigm’s improved cookstoves.
Roles and Responsibilities
· Execute quarterly monitoring surveys and any additional survey-based exercises in the project area as needed
· Send data from surveys to Paradigm in an efficient manner, either in paper format or through mobile application (to be determined)
· Available to travel to Nairobi for the initial training during the first week of October and any follow up training on survey execution
· Paradigm will provide surveys and contacts for the households to be surveyed
Qualifications and Skills
· Previous experience conducting surveys (required)
· Own a smart phone with a working camera (required)
· Fluent in English and Swahili; capacity in at least one of the local language(s) of the region (required)
· Reside within their region of choice (required)
· Careful attention to detail
· Strong observation and communication capabilities
· Ability to work well both independently and in a team and respectful and friendly in all interactions, especially when dealing with Paradigm customers
· Willing and physically able to travel to rural locations using public means
· Familiarity with smart phone and SMS-based technologies
· Familiarity with Open Data Kit or another mobile-based survey tool preferred
· Bachelor’s degree in environmental science, psychology, sociology, statistics, education, health, or other relevant discipline.
Enumerators will be engaged for short-term data collection assignments during the month of October 2012, and thereafter, if performance is satisfactory, during the months of January, April, July, and October of each year.
Enumerators will be under the supervision of and have frequent communications with the Nairobi-based Impact Assessment Coordinator and occasional contact with the US-based specialist.
Enumerators will be paid per correctly completed survey, figures from a daily rate that is inclusive of travel and accommodation allowance (where needed) and that is proportional to the number of days hired and the amount of surveys to be completed.
Please send a detailed CV with relevant experience, names and contacts of 3 references, and your mobile number to Nele Groosman at firstname.lastname@example.org
· The subject of the email should read: “Regional Enumerator (REGION YOU WISH TO COVER)” Choose from: CENTRAL, NYANZA/WESTERN, RIFT VALLEY, or COAST.
· With the exception of the position in Central Province, the applicant MUST reside within their region of choice and not be based in Nairobi. Transport from Nairobi to the field will not be provided, with the exception of Central.
· The applicant MUST own a smart phone with a working camera
· The applicant MUST speak the primary language of his/her preferred region (i.e. Kikuyu in Central, Dholuo in Nyanza, etc.)
Deadline for receiving applications: 14 September 2012.
31 total views, 1 today