4 Jobs at Nzoia Sugar Company
1.0 Head of ICT
Reports To:Managing Director
Job Role: To develop Nzoia Sugar Company ICT Strategy, implement the strategy and ensure the design and selection of ICT applications and infrastructure support capacity and to drive the strategic business objectives of Nzoia Sugar Company.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To participate in Nzoia Sugar Company’s strategic planning process by developing and implementing Nzoia Sugar Company’s ICT strategy in consultation with the ICT Steering Committee
- To initiate IT-related budgeting and planning and ensure its alignment to Nzoia Sugar Company’s goals and objectives.
- To Control and manage all operational and capital ICT expenditures and ensure that it is carried out within the approved budget
- To plan for additions and major modifications to the Nzoia Sugar Company’s applications and infrastructure in liaison with the ICT Steering Committee
- To ensure that design and selection of ICT applications and infrastructure support the strategic objectives of NSC
- To champion the ICT change and provide leadership to the Applications, Database and Networks & Infrastructure teams.
- To manage Nzoia Sugar Company’s website.
- To ensure ICT facilities meet the needs of individuals and projects.
- To offer overall responsibility for protection of Nzoia Sugar Company’s information assets including overseeing development and maintenance of systems security, access controls and disaster recover management
- To ensure all ICT projects, policies and procedures meet Nzoia Sugar Company’s quality objectives
- To Liaise with all departments and outreach offices to continuously identify new ICT requirements.
- To develop service level agreements between ICT and the business and ensure that these are achieved.
- To Lead and drive a culture of innovation and creativity in seeking ICT solutions to organizational challenges.
- A first degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Post graduate degree or diploma in ICT, or a relevant discipline.
- Certification from relevant recognized professional bodies.
- At least 7 years of progressive experience in ICT at least 2 of which should be at the Senior Management level.
- Below 50 years.
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communication skills at various levels of management and the Board
- Ability to conceptualize and convert ideas into solutions Understanding of the business environment and developments in ICT which impact the business
- Exposure to the sugar or agriculture industry will be an added advantage
- Relevant professional certifications from recognized professional bodies will be an added advantage
- Proven experience in fibre optic and wireless networks
Reports to: Managing Director
Job Role: To monitor company’s performance trend and implementation of the strategic plan.
He/She will be responsible for the following key objectives
- To review and advise relevance of various aspects of the company strategic plan to company’s current needs and aspirations.
- To collect, collate and analyse company statistical data,
- To regularly advise executive on the company’s performance trend.
- To analyse company key performance areas against targets.
- To facilitate establishment, analysis, storage, and reporting of relevant statistics e.g. correlation cane received vs sugar production, fertilizer issue vs extension activities, cane received vs harvesting and transport activities etc.
- To analyse mobile plant and pool transport utilization. This will entail analysis of plant hours and distances vs fuels etc.
- To develop plans for strategy implementation.
- To ensure formulation and review of relevant departmental plans and policy documents are well aligned to the corporate strategic plan.
- To monitor, review and report progress of strategic plan implementation on a regular basis and co-ordinate strategy formulation and review.
- To coordinate development, negotiation and implementation of performance contracting activities.
- To develop, implement and review Business processes.
- To ensure identification, execution and reporting of corporate research activities to guide effective strategic planning.
- To coordinate formulation and implementation of annual work plans.
- Bachelor’s Degree in either Economics, Agricultural Economics, Business Management (Finance Option).
- MBA or Post graduate Diploma in Strategic Management.
- Innovative, visionary and tea-m player
- Relevant experience in sugar industry will be an added advantage
- 7 years work experience of which 2 years must be in Strategic Planning, Performance Management, and research services environment.
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills.
- Team player
- Report writing skills
- Analytical skills
- Knowledge of SPSS or other data analysis
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Proven experience in change management
- Age: Below 50 years.
Reports To: Engineering Manager
Job Role: To effectively co-ordinate and control operations and maintenance activities for a shift and ensure the achievement of set targets.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To operate mills efficiently and safely to attain set milling targets.
- To operate boilers efficiently and safely to generate adequate quantity of good quality steam to run the factory.
- To carry out repairs on the broken down equipment during the shift to minimize factory downtime.
- To take custody of various tools and equipment used in maintenance and repair work.
- To conduct equipment inspections during the run and recommend to the E.M. for jobs to be done during weekly maintenance.
- To liaise with the Shift Superintendent to ensure that the process house gets adequate steam and power.
- To liaise with the Cane-yard in-charge to ensure availability of cane and bagasse handling equipment.
- To assess plant breakdowns and seek timely assistance from Senior Staff On-Call.
- To write shift performance reports.
- Must be registered with ERB
- Basic understanding of welding, fitting, fabrication and machine maintenance
- Computer literacy
- Bsc (Mechanical Engineering) or equivalent from a recognized institution
- Good communication and report writing skills.
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience of which 3 years must be in Management position
- Previous experience in sugar industry will be an added advantage.
- Aged: between 28-40 years
The Network and Systems Administrator, will be responsible for the Administration and maintenance of the entire LAN/ WAN and ERP systems access.
Additionally, this role will be required to maintain and support administrative applications.
The successful person will report to the IT Manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assisting in the planning, design, documentation and implementation of various systems including desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment and software applications
- Developing, maintaining and monitoring procedures for all server backups both systems and databases.
- Monitoring, planning and coordinating the distribution of client/server software and service packs, antivirus systems.
- Monitoring of LAN/WAN, Cisco switches and internet firewalls
- Performing on-site and remote technical support
- Plans, supervises and directs operations for computer networks;
- Directs cabling, configuring and installing computer hardware, and computer networks and software for network and stand alone computers;
- Makes recommendations to administrators regarding policies and standards for the computer and computer networks;
- Arranges for the installation of administrative and instructional software on computer networks;
- Analyzes organization needs and makes recommendations for improvements and enhancements;
- Troubleshoots hardware and software conflicts and problems;
- Provides on-site coordination and support for subcontractors;
- Arranges for and coordinates all necessary maintenance services to all hardware and networks;
- Plans and implements required configuration changes to local and wide area networks;
- Installing and configuring servers and application software;
- Backing up and restoring systems and users files;
- Be a holder of a bachelors degree in IT or Computer Science
- Possession of MCSE and CCNP will be an added advantage
- Experience with windows 2000/2003/2005 server platforms with an emphasis on Active Directory
- Experience in setting up Microsoft Exchange Server, DHCP Server and SQL Server 2000-2008.
- Solid knowledge of LAN/WAN and WIFI Configurations with experience in routers, switches, internet firewalls and wireless technology
- Hardware and Software troubleshooting skills.
- Minimum 4 years working experience in a busy IT environment with remote locations
- Age: between 28 – 35 years.
Nzoia Sugar Company Limited
P.O. Box 285
9001:2008 ISO Certified Company
47 total views, 2 today