2012 Young Professionals African Development Bank Recruitment
The following established eligibility requirements guide the recruitment of the Young Professionals, and the Bank allows no exception from these requirements for any candidate:
- Citizen of a member country (regional or non-regional) of the Bank
- A maximum of 32 years of age as at 31 December of the selection year
- A minimum of a Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Engineering, Social Sciences, International Development, Business Administration, Finance or any discipline that is relevant to the business of the Bank
- Multi-disciplinary background and a minimum of three years relevant work experience
- Outstanding academic credentials (Please attach a transcript from your Master’s degree(s))
- Demonstrated commitment to development (field experience on the continent and/or in other developing countries is an added advantage)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English or French with a working knowledge of the other language (working knowledge of a third language that is relevant to the Bank’s operation in the African continent is an advantage)
- Ability/motivation to work in a multicultural work environment
- Demonstrated leadership potential (i.e. professional publications, activism in professional organizations, project leadership, entrepreneurship and volunteerism)
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills, dynamism, results-orientation, and problem-solving capability
In accordance with the Bank’s strategy, the strategic focus of the Bank lies within the areas of Infrastructure, Regional Integration and Trade, Governance, Private Sector and Higher Education.
53 countries in Africa and 24 countries outside the continent (Argentina, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, India, Italy, Japan, Korea, Kuwait, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, United Kingdom and United States of America.)
Please note that applicants whom have not obtained their Master’s or equivalent Degree Certificates by the time the vacancy announcement closes will not be considered.
Applicants who have obtained one or more of their degrees from African Universities are highly encouraged to apply.
The Bologna Process has confirmed that under the new LMD system, the Maîtrise is not equivalent to the current Master’s degree in the French system. Accordingly, candidates who present equivalencies to the Master’s degree (in both the Anglo-Saxon and French systems), must provide written verification from the university or academic institution that confer the degree.
58 total views, 1 today